Friday, July 07, 2006

You had better read this

I woke up today not really looking forward to get up, not if today was also gonna be the kind of day the last few have been, and to all intents and purposes, it looked like it was gonna be. I did get up, paid only routine attention to You, did the normal morning stuff and got late leaving for college. So i took a taxi instead of waiting for the bus, put my earphones on, switched on the radio in the cell phone, and waited for another 10 unpromising minutes of another unpromising day. First 4 radio stations, boring songs or irritating jabber, i resisted the urge to make faces (u know, i made them in my mind, You were there.) All India Radio finally, and Afterglow had just begun. Thank God, i sighed, don't take that literally, it was not so much to you as to the radio jockey. Whiff of bliss. Nice.
But Afterglow had to get over and there was still some time for college...and then, You played it. I KNOW You sent it. I just know. 'Iris', the radio jockey said, and for the first time today, i took notice of You.
"And when everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."
My current favourite song over, and i reached college, the day got shittier, but i refused to let it touch me. I stayed happy. I'm still happy. Relatively, at least. Then again, I know You make all good thing happen very slowly. I hate You for it.
:)
Yes boss, I know who You are.

8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Soul of Dawn said...

bad day??? why..u had apeman to look forward to!!!

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is this YOU character? is it me, god, by any chance?

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Effervescence_13_ said...

go figure out, 'god', ur supposed to be omniscient. :)


SOD, i was hoping the one you mentioned wouldn't make it to my blog at least. alas.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Soul of Dawn said...

I KNOW WHO IT IS...IT'S NOT GOD AS YOU WUD LIKE THE WORLD TO THINK...IT'S YOUR LOVING,SWEETHEART SOULMATE 'APEMAN'..WHO STOLE UR THING

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Effervescence_13_ said...

that's him TWICE in one post now!!!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Soul of Dawn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

iris...by the googoo dolls...
it's my college song...my song all throughout jc...and the first song i search for on every ipod...lovely no?
soak in its pleasure i say...

"when everything seems like the movies...yeah you bleed just to know you're alive..."

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Soul of Dawn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home