Saturday, August 11, 2007

Calendar quote : Assent to thy higher self.

I am rediscovering my friends.

And i'm beginning to believe that part of the reason we don't count our blessings is the same reason cognitive psychology gives for why we cannot attend to all stimuli bombarding us at a given point of time - we would die of sensory overload.

I am also beginning to look outside more because, contrary to what i always thought, the outside is not a diversion from inner work. It is a facilitator to it. I am beginning to feel just a little less scared of losing touch with the inside because i am beginning to believe that there is another level at which that just won't happen, and i'm beginning to give that level the proper faith due to it.

Last year it came to me that constantly rejecting conclusions\assumptions makes for a purer search for the Truth. I have been rejecting as far as i will allow myself to. Rejecting assumptions has made me discover new things. Now i am taking one step further. I am also beginning to accept. Accept people. And in accepting people, the truth is getting purer still.




"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."

- M. Scott Peck

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Harris said...

i liked the quote. it resonances what i personally tell people..."conflict gives rise to creativity"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home